UV Smart is aimed at disinfecting medical instruments in the healthcare sector and in any professional environment where no risks are accepted when it comes to the prevention of diseases due to the transmission of bacteria and viruses. Due to the high demand for scientifically validated disinfection, UV Smart has made this professional application accessible to the non-medical setting. This by means of the effective cleaning device (ECD) in the VR hardware and accessories in the entertainment industry. Scientific research has shown that this dose of UV-C destroys up to 99,999 (Log5) of the microorganisms, providing a sense of security for the customers or users of any VR application.
UV Smart develops disinfection equipment according to strict quality requirements, and supports its application with scientific and clinical research. It is in line with norms and standards. Don't give viruses and bacteria a chance, and show your clients, guests or employees that you also take their safety seriously - with the ECD from UV Smart! The UV Smart Box can be placed anywhere (15 kg) and only needs a socket. Plug & Play, easy operation and safe design.
UV Smart BV carries the NEN-EN-ISO 13485 certificate since June 2020. This is the international standard for manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of medical devices to demonstrate that they comply with legal requirements for medical devices. Impelux ™ is a patented technology using UV-C, for guaranteed disinfection without damage to equipment and with validated, constant effectiveness.
Buy, lease or rent
It is possible to purchase the UV Smart Box in various ways. Unbound VR offers the following options:
- To buy: one-time purchase price after which the product is in your possession;
- Lease: it is possible to lease the UV Smart Box at Unbound VR. The lease term for this product is 2 years. At the end of the lease contract, the UV Smart Box is the property of the leasing party. The lease price for the UV Smart Box is € 261.50 excluding VAT per month. This includes the maintenance costs for the UV Smart Box;
- Rent (1 week): the UV Smart Box can be rented for a price of € 350 excluding VAT per week (7 days).
- Rent (1 month): the UV Smart Box can be rented for a price of € 995 excluding VAT per month. If you decide to purchase the product after this month, the rental price will be included in the sales price.
- Complete disinfection in just 25 seconds: the UV Smart Box can clean your device completely (and according to the standard) in just 25 seconds. Comparable UV disinfection devices, such as Uvisan, take average 5 minutes.
- The UV Smart Box has been developed in such a way that it disinfects for 99.99%. There is no shadow in the box, which means that all surfaces of a device are completely disinfected (including the bottom).
- UV Smart has been validated by hospitals and laboratories. With the NEN-EN-ISO 13485 classification, UV Smart Box can therefore fully guarantee disinfection.
- Effective against: B. subtilis, MRA, E. coli, corona family and others;
- Approval: CE certification dd May 6, 2020;
- Research partners: Radboudumc, VUmc, RKZ Beverwijk, TU Delft and others;
- Dimensions: Disinfection chamber: 420 x 265 x 160 mm; outside of the appliance: 470 x 445 x 275 mm;
- Weight: 15 kg.
Pros and cons
- Thoroughly disinfects the VR glasses and accessories without risk of damage.
- The complete disinfection of products takes place in just 25 seconds.
- The UV Smart Box is plug-and-play and very easy to use.
- Also suitable for other equipment, such as telephones, tablets and medical equipment.
- UV Smart Box guarantees thorough disinfection and is NEN-EN-ISO 13485 certified.
- Annual maintenance costs are attached to the UV Smart Box.
- The disinfection chamber has a limited size for a maximum of 2 VR glasses.
- It is not possible to run a headset cable through the UV Smart Box *.
* Because the UV Smart Box must be completely closed to clean with UV light, no cables can be laid under the cover. In this case, a headset that you want to clean in the UV Smart Box must be disconnected from the cable.